Software Development Engineer
- Minneapolis, MN
We are looking for exceptional developers to join us at our Minneapolis, MN location to build the next generation of the AWS Direct Connect service. This position will be responsible for designing, developing, and supporting features within the AWS Direct Connect service.
First, a bit of background:
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a broad set of global compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and networking services that help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale applications. Our services are trusted by the largest enterprises and the hottest startups to power a wide variety of workloads.
The AWS Direct Connect team delivers solutions that make it easy for customers to establish a dedicated network connection from their premises to the AWS cloud. These connections help to reduce network costs, increase bandwidth throughput, and provide a more consistent network experience than Internet-based connections. AWS Direct Connect is currently available in more than 91 locations located in 28 countries.
AWS gives its engineers a tremendous amount of responsibility and empowers them to do whatever it takes to meet customer needs. The AWS Direct Connect team is looking for experienced technical experts who can help us build large scale distributed systems to meet our customers' demands. You will be designing, implementing, and operating features to put features into customers' hands quickly.
AWS in general and this business, in particular, operates at very large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion for operational excellence is essential. Candidates must be comfortable working within a fast-moving startup environment and be eager to embrace ownership and accountability.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a "typical" day, software engineers might whip up a prototype to prove or disprove an idea, instrument code to report a new metric, talk with customers, code up a feature, or draft a proposal for a radical new idea.
For detailed info regarding Direct Connect visit:
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Proven programming ability in one or more of these languages C/C++, Python, and/or Java
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Experience working in Linux based environments
• Experience working on large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top