Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Business Payments team is responsible for developing the platform and applications used to introduce new and innovative payment methods to customers as well as support Amazon's global co-brand and private label credit cards along with the world's largest rewards catalog, Shop with Points. We are an Agile team, moving quickly in collaboration with our business to bring new features to Amazon Business customers while having fun and bring new inventions along the way. If you can think big and want to join a fast moving team breaking new ground at Amazon we would like to speak with you.
Software Development Engineer will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in Java/C++ in a Linux environment.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• Masters in Computer Science or related area or equivalent industry experience
• Experience writing code in a high volume, service based architecture
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
• Experience with algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++ or Perl
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top