Software Development Engineer
- Boston, MA
Do you enjoy solving very complex problems with simple solutions? Are you excited by a fast paced multi-tasked environment? Would you like to help us innovate on behalf of customers who use Amazon's devices like Alexa-enabled Echo or digital services like Amazon Music?
Amazon, along with being a retail and technology company, is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Echo, Kindle, and Fire families of products. We have worked to produce revolutionary smart speakers, best-selling tablets, e-readers that have revolutionized reading, and Fire TV, a tiny yet powerful way to watch the best movies and TV shows in the comfort of your living room. What will you help us create?
You look at technology challenges as an opportunity and you love:
• Solving difficult problems with elegant and practical code.
• Helping define engineering best practices and providing technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
• Being a genuine advocate for the Customer.
• Designing and building software for Alexa enabled devices, mobile clients and server systems.
You're an awesome fit if you demonstrate...
• Industry-leading technical abilities showcasing a breadth and depth of technical knowledge
• The ability to build good working relationships within the team by communicating clearly both verbally and in writing
• Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions to seemingly impossible problems
• Effective technical leadership skills to improve technologies and infrastructure of the team.
We use agile development strategies and want software engineering wizards who can thrive in a fast paced, high-energy work environment.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
• Minimum 2+ years professional experience in software development.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Knowledge of different machine learning techniques with big datasets.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#.
• MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience building classification and neural machine learning models.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience mentoring other software engineers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top