The Amazon MAKO DDP team is looking for a SDE to work on a green-field project. You will leverage a wide variety of technologies across machine learning, AWS, and front end frameworks to build hugely impactful features for millions of customers all over the world.
The Amazon MAKO (Multi-channel Architecture and Knowledge Organization) charter is to build platforms and programs that help customers discover, choose, purchase, and use Amazon Devices, including Amazon Echo & Alexa products, Dash Buttons, Fire Tablets, Kindle E-readers, Fire TV products, and many emerging products. We are a cross-functional team that builds experiences online through mobile and desktop. We are also multi-channel through our support of offline retail, voice shopping, and more.
Devices Detail Page (DDP) team's North Star is to personalize customer shopping and post purchase experience on the Detail Page and to make sure customers use Devices Detail Page as one-stop shop to educate themselves about new or existing Amazon Devices and get all the support and advice they need. Devices Detail Page owns technology platform that enables faster product iteration, improves page latency, and lowers development overhead and FE widgets that support customer shopping and post purchase experiences. DDP also owns platforms to support global, confidential and/or invite-only launches of new Amazon devices. This is a greenfield opportunity to innovate in DDP space
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 7+ years of industry experience building software applications and products
• 5+ years of experience in distributed system design and algorithms
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Objective C, or Java
• Experience in machine learning
• Experience in full-stack development
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architecture, design, and code to bring them to life.