Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you looking for an opportunity to join experienced engineers working on Alexa at Amazon?
The Amazon Alexa COPS Tech team is looking for Software Development Engineers to help build the next generation Risk Detection, Certification, Publishing and Monitoring systems to power the rapidly growing Alexa customer base as well as skill developer base.
You will work on building systems that automates risk detection and complex skill certification process to ensure the sanctity of Alexa Skill catalog. You will build machine learning models for solving complex business challenges. This is your opportunity to join an expanding diverse team and directly influence our long-term strategy & success.
You will develop and launch core product features to protect trust of Alexa users. You will collaborate with product, design, development, content operations experts to build Alexa COPS tech systems. You will partner with internal, upstream and downstream external teams to identify, define, and implement solutions that raise the bar on customer obsession and trust for both Alexa customers as well as Alexa skill developers, measured by superior quality skill catalog, accelerating time to market for skills leading to sustained customers' engagement with Alexa.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who is passionate about tackling complex problems with cutting edge technologies and innovation in a fast past work environment. Individuals interested in this position should have demonstrated success in building high-scalable software and delivering features and products.
Specifically, you will:
• Own design, development and launch of distributed and scalable software components and systems in a way that demonstrates operational excellence in maintainability
• Apply software engineering best practices and raise the bar when it comes to information security, quality of software and system performance
• Build features and solutions using agile methodology which is aligned to putting Alexa customer needs in the forefront
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 3+ years' experience building large-scale server systems in Java, C++, or other OO languages.
• Possess excellent understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object-oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
• Good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• Experience using Amazon Web Services including Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, SQS/SNS, S3, DynamoDB etc.
• Understanding of Distributed Computing (SQL as well as NoSQL) and Big Data ecosystem e.g. Spark
• Experience solving problems using Machine Learning techniques would be preferred
• Experience building systems that handle large volumes of data
• Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability
• Full stack development experience
• Demonstrated passion about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top