Software Development Engineer
Are you passionate about building Machine Learning based personalization systems using Big Data Technologies? Are you interested in Amazon Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo? Do you want to be a part of Core Alexa Engine.
The Amazon Alexa team is looking for Software Dev Engineers to build a personalization service for Alexa skill developers. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for new products and IoT, enthusiasm for our mission, and a talent for building great products. This is a ground floor opportunity and we are looking for engineers who can take an idea from inception to delivery.
The Software Dev Engineer role requires working with ML scientist and ML toolkits, Big Data technologies like Spark, and AWS Services. This position specifically requires working with Principal and Senior Engineers to do grounds up design and develop scalable learning and prediction systems.
- Design distributed systems for Machine Learning
- Design high throughput prediction systems
- Lead team members to investigate design, prototype and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Provide technical excellence and mentor team members
- Collaborate effectively with peer teams and key partner services to deliver robust engineering product
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- 3+ years industry experience building successful production software systems
- B.S. (or higher) degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience converting high-level product requirements into successful products through solid software architectures, engineering design and implementation.
- Experience in modern programming languages (C/C++, Java, Python), open-source technologies and multiple operating systems (Linux, Android etc.)
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
- Experience leading and developing cloud software services for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers and provide technical vision.
- Experience in Machine Learning
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top