Software Development Engineer
- Arlington, VA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
AWS Cryptography services enable customers to identify resources and establish secure network connections with other cloud and on-premises resources. As a part of this organization, you will have a direct impact on how AWS customers and developers build trust into their cloud, desktop, mobile and IoT environments.
The AWS Private Certificate Authority Service is a growing service with strong customer demand, and we need more engineers who want to change the way people across the world manage their Public Key Infrastructure (PKI). Our service helps customers create, manage, and deploy digital certificates based on strong cryptography and security best practices. We are looking for a software engineer, with an interest in building scalable, operationally excellent systems, to join us in building one of the most secure services in AWS. Our mission is to turn traditionally painful interactions into effortless and automated experiences, used widely both internally and by AWS customers.
We work in an exciting environment where our motto is "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." We do not desire to simply produce good solutions here at AWS... we want to produce disruptive, history-changing innovations. As a Software Development Engineer, your responsibilities include:
• Building a scalable digital security system that is core to all AWS services.
• Working as part of a team to develop secure solutions for our customers.
• Communicating with influential customers to both explain the technology and understand requirements.
• Owning the technology stack for one of the most secure and reliable services in all of AWS.
• Owning the definition of best practices for the software development lifecycle including its design, implementation, testing, and operational characteristics.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more. Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience with agile software development methodologies.
• Strong and creative problem solving abilities
• Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations.
• Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
• Experience working with cryptographic systems such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or key management systems such as Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top