Software Development Engineer
Software Development Engineer, Amazon Lists (backend development)
Ever wondered what's involved in owing a key feature on Amazon's websites across the globe that is actively used by hundreds of millions of customers? Does the opportunity of building and supporting the scale of business at Amazon fascinate you? If you answered yes, the Amazon Lists team is looking for engineers like you!
Customers think about shopping anywhere and anytime – while making breakfast, driving home, at work, in the bus. They create lists for their personal use, to share with friends and family and to inspire other customers discover the millions of products Amazon has to offer. We strive to find new and contextually-relevant places to offer List functionality to continuously improve the shopping experience for our customers.
This backend software development position with Amazon Lists is a fit for someone who enjoys and thrives owning low latency, highly available services requiring strong problem-solving skills, has a solid computer science foundation, database experience, and takes pride in operations excellence.
Successful candidates must also be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code. This role requires the ability to creatively deal with ambiguity, be data-driven and juggle cross-organization complexity. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment to deliver world class mission critical systems, this could be the career opportunity you always wanted!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 1+ years professional experience in software development
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design)
- Proficiency in, at least, one mainstream programming language such as Java or C++
- Experience with Agile methodologies, OO modeling, web services, NoSQL and relational databases and distributed systems
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 2+ years professional experience building large scale distributed systems and implementing Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience developing software using Java Spring in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud technologies
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently troubleshoot large and complex backend systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top