Are you looking for a greenfield Software Development Engineer position with Amazon-scale impact? We are accelerating our scientist's ability to build, train and deploy new machine learning (ML) models through applying the rigor of engineering processes such as continuous integration and continuous deployment to ML pipelines. In this position you will build a new big data and ML analytics platform that will automate the ML development lifecycle for scientists within the scope of Amazon product relationship entities (families of products).
As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will take ownership over the software design, documentation, development, engineering approach, delivery and support of new big data and machine learning software built natively in AWS. You will build systems for big data ingestion, normalization, validation, storage, MapReduce, analytics, search indices, machine learning pipelines, batch and soft real-time publishing to name a few.
A successful Software Development Engineer will have a broad array of experiences, exceptional design skills, an excellent ability to solve problems, good communication skills and a desire to be a key technical contributor. The software you will be responsible for will require a breadth of technical development knowledge (i.e. distributed systems, search indices, big data, orchestration software, analytics software). Daily work will involve interacting with engineers, scientists, stakeholders and managers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 2+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
• Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
• Demonstrated proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++, C.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience building large-scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software systems and all points in between.
• Master's degree or PHD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 4+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
• Software Engineer or Software Developer experience with machine learning and data mining such as SageMaker, Spark and Hadoop.
• Software Engineer or Software Developer experience with search engine technologies and tools such as Elasticsearch and Kibana.
• Familiarity with professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Tags: ASCS, Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems, IRIS, Item Relationship and Identity Systems, Relationships, SDE, SDEII, SDE2, Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Software Dev Engineer, Software Developer, Software Development Engineer, Machine Learning, ML, Spark, Elasticsearch, SageMaker, EMR