Are you excited to solve business critical problems in in the very core of AWS EC2? Are you passionate about owning services and solving large scale technical problems? Are you willing to have fun? If your answers are, "Yes, yes, and YES!", then Amazon Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) may be your ideal workplace. EC2 is crucial for Amazon's long-term success as a technology services company. It is the future of Amazon.
This role is focused on the EC2 Host Lifecycle Management. The EC2 Host Lifecycle Management team owns services that manages millions of EC2 hosts worldwide with the purpose of maximizing both the availability of healthy hosts for our customers, and the utilization of EC2 resources. This teams builds and operates an automated control plane orchestration layer that manages EC2 fleet. We are looking for talented and innovative software and system engineers to join us to build the world's best compute cloud.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing cutting edge highly reliable and scalable distributed system.
- Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Working with team members to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Engaging and working with customers and dependencies to ensure the quality delivery.
- Mentoring other engineers
- Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, and work with the team to bringing in new technologies.
Join us in Seattle! Amazon offers relocation packages!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee- led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Ideal candidates have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Possess a sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience in large scale distributed software systems
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python or Perl
• Candidate should be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• Able to work in a diverse team.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us