Software Development Engineer
- Denver, CO
CO Salary Range: USD 120,700.00 - 160,000.00 per year
Amazon devices impact the world with new technology every day. We are hiring a Software Development Engineer to help us grow. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across one of the world's fastest growing and most innovative product portfolios and product lines, including Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Kindle E-Readers, and more. The engineering team is revolutionizing the way customers buy those products. Our agile approach allows us to react quickly to market conditions and offer cutting-edge buying options. We operate in a fast-paced and highly experimental fashion, which allows us to bring the most value to our customer.
As a Software Development Engineer on our team, you will have the opportunity to design the next greatest idea to enhance the customers buying experience. SDEs at Amazon are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities which enable them to significantly improve product quality. We are looking for proactive, creative, flexible candidates who thrive within a collaborative and fun peer environment. This is a fast-paced team where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience and the bottom line of the company. We utilize OO programming languages and the cutting-edge AWS technology stack to build solutions that solve our challenges, ranging from scaling for massive Amazon order volume to supporting customers around the world.
If you're a customer-centric, passionate developer who feels strongly about building world-class software, let's talk.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $120.7k to $160k/yr; however, base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site..
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
• Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
• Deep understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
• Experience building large-scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
• Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
For Colorado-based jobs: The pay range for this position in Colorado is $120.7k to $160k/yr; however, base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top