Are you passionate about software development, and about making the lives of your fellow developers easier? As a member of the Software Assurance and Curation team, you'll develop and improve mechanisms and tools for sharing code company-wide. You'll work with program managers and software owners throughout to enable and accelerate company-wide platform and language updates. You'll help curate the contents of Amazon's company-wide shared-code repositories. You'll steward changes to libraries and tools that are deployed across the company to hundreds of thousands of systems. And you'll work with other teams in AWS Builder Tools to improve the daily lives of nearly every engineer at Amazon.
If you're a creative thinker and you get excited by the idea of solving hard technical challenges to empower developers and ultimately help Amazon continue to build great software, fast, come join us!
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Proficiency in at least two modern programming languages, such as Java, Python, Ruby, C/C++
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability and motivation to take a project from requirements and scoping through launch and into maintenance
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and develop and review technical designs
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
• Ability to quickly understand and make changes in unfamiliar code bases
• At least 5 years of professional development in each of at least two programming languages
• A strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.