Are you interested in making a company-wide impact at Amazon, not just for a single team or a handful of services, but across tens of thousands of services? As a member of the Amazon Builder Tools team, you'll lead projects to bridge the gap between current and existing software practicesdefining policies, implementing prototypes, and then writing tools to automate improvements for Amazon. You will be responsible for identifying and solving complex technical problems for cross-organizational projects. You will work directly with your customers, the Amazon software community, to find ways to increase development velocity and implement the right solutions.
If you like rolling up your sleeves to get the job done and you like solving unique technical challenges, then come join us in making Amazon an even better place for software development!
About the team
Builder Tools develops products that enable builders to develop and release safely, securely, and reliably. We build solutions that make development faster and more efficient so builders can focus on delighting customers. Our team spearheads company-wide programs that have resounding impact for all builders.
We believe strongly that success can be achieved while maintaining a healthy balance between professional and personal life. Each person has their own personal obligations and peak productivity hours, so we are happy to offer flexible schedules that meet your needs. We also have offices across the country and remote work opportunities.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Proficiency in at least two modern programming languages, such as Java, Python, Ruby, C/C++
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability and motivation to take a project from requirements and scoping through launch and into maintenance
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and develop and review technical designs
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Ability to quickly understand and make changes in unfamiliar code bases
- At least 5 years of professional development in each of at least two programming languages
- A strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics