Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Ever wondered how Amazon offers the earth's biggest selection and still manages to offer lower prices every day to our customers? The Contra CoGS team creates the systems to drive costs lower. Given the rapid growth of our business we apply cutting edge technology to complex business problems. We are seeking SDEs who want to stretch both their technical abilities and their business awareness while solving such problems. These projects have huge visibility and impact as those are tied very closely to Amazon's profitability and growth.
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply machine learning to solve real world problems? Do you want to pave the future of Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business?
To meet these challenges, Amazon's Contra CoGS team is looking for passionate, talented, and super-smart software engineers. We are looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take 'no' for an answer. Our engineers are top-notch software developers in the industry, who work hard, have fun, and make history.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, or Perl
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Knowledge of database systems and SQL
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
-Experience with machine learning is a plus.
-Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
-Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
-Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Back to top