Software Development Engineer
Would you like to be one of the leaders of a team that is solving new business challenges through innovative technology?
The Team: We are forming a new team to support Amazon Books and Amazon Go. About these 2 businesses:
- Amazon Books is a brick and mortar store that offers a curated selection of books and an array of Amazon devices. It is a magical experience that combines the best parts of a neighborhood bookstore with Amazon.com's low prices and the expertise of passionate, knowledgeable staff who tailor their approach to the unique needs of each customer. You can find out more about Amazon Bookstores at https://www.amazon.com/amazonbooks.
- Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design. You can find out more about Amazon Go at https://www.amazon.com/go
This new team's charter is to deliver a scalable, robust and secure device platform for our physical stores. You will be building the applications, tools and services that enable our associates to operate the stores, using a wide variety of devices such as mobile handheld devices, point-of-sale stations, demo devices, etc... You will also define and implement the strategy for Mobile Device Management (MDM) for our devices to enable remote updates, monitoring and troubleshooting. You will be designing and developing the core primitives for that device platform, such as associate authentication.
In this role:
You will encounter challenging, novel situations every day and work on them in touch with with multiple technical teams across Amazon in different locations.
You'll need to be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven't been taken on at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- 2+ years of windows development experience in C# or C++
- 2+ years of experience with OO design and common design patterns.
- 1+ years of experience in full stack development (frontend, middle tier and backend).
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis. The ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues at various levels of the organization.
- Self-directed nature, entrepreneurship spirit and flexibility to wear many hats.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years solid experience working in the industry.
- Proficient software system design.
- Thorough understanding of service oriented architecture, distributed systems, workflow management.
- Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
- Obsession with quality and customer experience.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top