Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Time and Attendance seeks a software engineer who excels in turning big ideas into practical solutions. In TAA Technology, we use modern technologies to solve complex problems at scale. We deliver an engaging, intuitive, personalized experience that empowers employees to quickly take control of their work life anytime, anywhere. As our solutions simplify and automate tedious manual tasks, more people can focus on meaningful work. We make life better for hundreds of thousands of fellow Amazonians.
We are seeking engineers that like solving hard problems. If you have already designed products that scale to meet demand, combine the best of internal and external services, and grow to meet the complex needs of your customers, you will fit right in. We are technical experts, but we go further. We know technology always exists in a larger context, so we create technical solutions from our customer's perspective to guarantee our solutions always deliver the intended result. If you want unsolved problems that will take you beyond your technical abilities, TAA Technology is the place for you.
Choose to join us and you will own the design of major features from end-to-end, from Web UI and mobile app to dependent services and persistent storage. Can you work with engineers from many backgrounds to translate designs into quality software that is highly scalable, available, low latency, and high performing... and reflects the best combination of the ideas in the room? If you can, your design will get into production... so get ready to interact directly with the people who use your software, hear their feedback and use it to make your system even better!
The TAA team is reinventing how Amazonians manage their work life. Are you ready to take on the biggest opportunity you ever had fun solving?
You should be a passionate, results-oriented, experienced software developer. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a relentless focus on the customer experience and want to build something new rather than just maintain someone else's code, then this role is for you.
Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The People Tech business requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong results orientation
• Thinks big
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• 5+ years' industry experience as a software development engineer
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top