Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology, e-readers that have revolutionized reading, and Fire TV, a tiny yet powerful way to watch the best movies and TV shows in the comfort of your living room. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. You will develop, execute and maintain software that will integrate and test Lab126 devices.
You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable them to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of web application and service development, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles.
The software you will build will expose APIs to be consumed by collaborative teams as well as the front-end portals. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define implementation plans, development specifications, and development test automation as well as design tools for unit, functional and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• 5+ years of experience in software development and testing in Java, C++ or C# or Python
• Experience applying Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies
• Full stack web development experience
• Restful API development experience
• Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks
• Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
• Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
• Experience with open source tools and resources
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
• By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us