From the team that launched Amazon Teens, we are working on how to make collaborative shopping easier for all customers. Working on our team you'll get to shape the future of how Amazon supports shared shopping experience use cases.
A Software Development Engineer on this team will work on building services and customer experiences for features and shopping experiences on Amazon.com. You'll touch all aspects of the mobile and web customer experience and work on challenging issues in identity and ordering and check out workflows. You'll be able to rapidly see how customer respond to new functionality you create.
Amazon Teens is a new program that enables Teen customers to create their own Amazon Login and shop on Amazon using their Parent's credit cards. After a teen has placed an order, parents will receive a text or email showing the item, cost, shipping address and payment information. The parent can approve the order by replying to the text, or they can visit their orders page to review in more detail. Parents receive itemized notifications for every single order and can cancel and return any item in accordance with Amazon's policies. Teens even get to share Prime benefits such as Prime Video and Twitch Prime. Amazon Teens is a fun new way for families to work together to make smart purchasing decisions.
• Enhance existing services and UX and build new services and architecture to build new features for the Teens program.
• Improve targeting and workflows to identify and acquire potential teens and parents on and off Amazon
• Build mobile workflows for purchase information sharing and approval
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.