Software Development Engineer
- Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Are you a Software Development Professional yearning to find a place to take your career to the next level? Is problem solving and troubleshooting to design and create unique software solutions part of your DNA? Then it's time to take a look at the Seller Experiences team! Read on to learn more...
Our goal is simple - the Seller Experience Team seeks to make online selling more attractive to a broader demographic of potential retailers through superior scalable object-oriented code. We build internet-scale distributed systems that enhance the Amazon Seller experience. Our teams get to work on truly unique problems and develop atypical solutions - talk about thinking out of the box...there is no box! We are forward thinkers doing what no one else is doing. It doesn't exist? We will build it.
As an experienced Software Engineer, you will help drive the global expansion of our applications and services, with a significant opportunity to define a Seller and Buyer facing Amazon platform. You will develop a scalable framework for the improvement of the Seller Experience as you work collaboratively across Amazon development teams to integrate their services with our applications and platform. Because you take pride in setting the standard for engineering excellence, you are a hands-on, pragmatic problem solver that easily balances trade-offs between competing interests. You thrive in a fast-moving team environment where you are able to juggle complex dependencies and requirements while producing optimal solutions.
Excited about the possibilities? It's time to join this innovative team at Amazon to take your career to new heights all while enabling our customers to reach their own goals.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 6+ years of software development experience in Object Oriented Development & Design (OOA & OOD).
• Strong experience developing and designing with Java, C/C++, C++ or similar web development tools.
• Solid experience developing distributed, highly scalable software solutions.
• MS degree and/or PhD preferred in Computer Science, Math or related discipline.
• Experience with XML, SOAP, REST, and web services including AWS (Amazon Web Services)
• Knowledge of Perl, Ruby, and web application frameworks.
Back to top