CO Salary Range: USD 150,000.00
Help us push the availability and reliability of cloud infrastructure to new heights!
AWS Infrastructure is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to build next generation data acquisition and monitoring software for our data centers. If you are an experienced software developer interested in defining and delivering new services to help fuel the explosive growth of AWS then this is the job for you.
As a Software Development Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
• Develop tools and services to automate data center operations
• Have end-to-end ownership of projects
• Work closely with our internal customers
• Drive operational excellence
• Have the opportunity to work on full stack of the technology (i.e. UI, middle-tier, back end database)
• Use available AWS related technology to build innovation solution to challenging problems
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, has communication skills, sense of ownership, adapts quickly to new technologies, and has career growth potential. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. Work hard, have fun, make history!
While the team is based in Denver, we are flexible to work locations in Seattle, Northern Virginia, or a remote work environment for the right candidate."
• 2+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupations of Software Development Engineer
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience developing in at least one of: Java, C++, Python, Ruby
• The pay range for this position in Colorado is $150,000 [a Year]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
• Experience with the Linux operating system and user-level tools
• Skilled in shell scripting
• Experience in Agile/Scrum framework/methodologies
• Experience in designing and implementing scalable, reliable, distributed software systems
• Understanding of data center mechanical and electrical equipment operation
• Experience using AWS services
• Understanding of software and system security
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
CO Salary Range: USD 150,000.00