Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon CloudFront is one of the fastest growing, lowest latency, and highest throughput services in all of AWS. CloudFront is a fast content delivery network (CDN) service that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. We bring the Internet closer to end users, speeding up the user experience.
CloudFront is integrated with AWS both physical locations that are directly connected to the AWS global infrastructure as well as other AWS services. CloudFront enables multiple services including AWS Shield for DDoS mitigation, Amazon S3, Elastic Load Balancing or Amazon EC2 as origins for your applications, and Lambda@Edge to run custom code closer to customers' users and to customize the user experience. Amazon CloudFront uses a global network of edge locations to cache and route requests to the best possible location based on known latency, available capacity and many other factors.
Amazon CloudFront's System and Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for experienced Software Development Engineer to build critical service reliability and efficiency functions that ensure massively scaled, fault-tolerant and globally distributed service for our end users.
Opportunities with CloudFront include:
• Leading change to develop simple, elegant solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges
• Utilizing hands-on technical skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as needed
• Building automation to maintain software and hardware life cycle management
• Identifying and developing processes, automation, and software changes to address top operational issues
As a member of the CloudFront team, you will:
• Operate an AWS business with globally distributed servers and customers at a massive scale
• Own one of the lowest latency and highest throughput services in all of AWS
• Work closely with a great team of system and software developers, principal engineers
• Understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at AWS scale
• Be in charge of the complete software development life cycle, defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features
The CloudFront team:
• Is a group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
• Obsess over our customer's needs and experience
• Loves building new innovative technologies and improving our existing ones
• Wears multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready
• Is fast-growing, agile and collaborative
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
• Familiarity with Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP and Linux development environment
• Experience building large-scale web services, distributed systems backed by cloud services such as AWS
• Experience with CDN, DDoS mitigation, network engineering and related DNS services is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top