Software Development Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, Lab126 has produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Dash Button. The Fire OS team is a big part of creating these innovative devices at Lab126. The Fire OS team is responsible for the board bring up, low level software, operating system, core framework feature development, and end-to-end system functions, such as power/performance, that bring the devices to life. For many devices, the Fire OS team takes the open source Android distribution and productizes the software on Amazon hardware.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields;
• 3+ years of software development experience
• SW experience in one or more specific technical areas: boot loader, Linux kernel, DDR, eMMC, USB, audio, display, file systems, security, etc.
• Master's or higher degree
• Experience in one or more of the following system SW areas: power management, system performance optimization, multi-core CPU, system stability, etc.
• HW experience, can read and understand HW schematics;
• Understanding of how Android integrates with Linux kernel;
• Understanding of embedded development constraints;
• Coding experience in C/C++
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Have worked through the complete life cycle of shipping and sustaining high-volume consumer products
• Chinese language fluency (need to work with China ODMs and development teams);
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top