Software Development Engineer
- Bellevue, WA
Come join the team behind scaling Alexa Globally. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for leading the development of infrastructure helping to scale Alexa to international locales. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define the features, driving the system architecture, and spearheading best practices.
We encourage bold exploration of interactions and experiments that push innovation and use these learnings to bolster the foundation of best practice reference design patterns that foster a consistent, efficient, and familiar cross-product experience.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing products, a strong technical ability, project management skills, solid communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and have a creative flair for achieving the impossible.
• Work on key infrastructure to support and responsible for scaling Alexa internationally.
• Work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, designing critical infrastructure and tools , building new interfaces, integrate with existing architectures, developing and testing code, and delivering seamless implementations for scaling Alexa features internationally.
• Ownership of projects that operate cross-functionally with multiple Alexa engineering, design and product teams.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against defined schedules and milestones.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• MS in CS with 3+ years of experience in multithreaded, distributed system design and architecture Or BS with 5+ years of experience.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Excellent Testing and debugging skills
• Ability to mentor peers and other Engineers in the team
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top