This role can be based in Gdansk, Krakow or Warsaw.
Do you want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in the recent years? We built Amazon Alexa, an Amazon cloud service that powers devices such as Amazon Echo, FireTV, Amazon Tap and Echo Dot. We're on to build the Star Trek computer, and you have a chance to join us. Together we will make ambient computing a reality!
We are a multi-national team, with growth opportunities for engineers at all levels of experience. We foster an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and opinions are valued.
As a member of the development team you will be responsible for the development, delivery and launch of our products. You will have opportunity to influence on our team technical strategy by helping define product features, work on system architecture, and spearhead best practices. If you enjoy delivering high quality software and have a passion for high-scale web services, we'd like to talk to you!
As a team, we will give you opportunities to work on difficult technical problems, with guidance and support from our most experienced engineers.
- 3+ years experience building successful production software systems
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong software design and development skills.
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (C/C++, Java, python) and open-source technologies (Linux, Guice, memcached).
- Ability to communicate technical ideas with peers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Understanding of fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis and data structures.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from business problem, through scoping requirements to actual launch.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability, especially leveraging Amazon Web Services.
- Passion for helping other engineers grow by mentoring and fostering a supportive, inclusive environment.