Here in AWS Forecasting we don't just build systems and services, we own them for our customers. We don't build products - we build our own vision. Join us in our mission to scale and streamline the way AWS forecasts and plans for its global expansion across 30 regions which serve 245 countries and counting!
What We Do
• Building a world-class forecasting platform that scales to handling billions of time series data in real time.
• Long-range forecasting and capacity planning systems that inform strategic decisions that must be made early.
• Expanding inventory replenishment models and systems for each AWS service in the fast-growing AWS product portfolio.
• Finding out the optimal tradeoff between AWS service availability and fleet utilization.
• Driving fleet utilization improvement where each 1% means millions of additional free cash flow.
• Automating tactical and strategic capacity planning tools to optimize for service availability and infrastructure cost.
What you will learn
• Customer demand forecasting, inventory management and supply chain management for the Cloud.
• How AWS plans the expansion of our global footprint in over thirty geographies and does this at scale.
• How our forecasts drive strategic business decisions and financial plans that set our business up for success in the long run.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. We generally keep core in-office hours from 9 am to 5pm, but we are flexible when team members occasionally need to modify their day for family or other obligations.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every 1 1.5 months. Over the past seven months we have had an average of one high-severity ticket per month. We like to proactively work towards making our systems fault-tolerant, which has enabled us to minimize operational workload.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team members have a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We get to build an awesome service, and a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We are looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 4+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with mastery of one or more relevant languages (Java, C#, C++, Ruby, etc.)
• Knowledge of Python (or other scripting languages) and SQL
• Experience with time series forecasting methods
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us