Sizmek by Amazon are looking for candidates to join us as full-time Software Development Engineers in Edinburgh.
Ad Server for Amazon provides advertisers, agencies and publishers with solutions to create, distribute, customize, measure and, optimize their messaging. Our global ad server delivers ads across mobile, web and video at massive scale, and our customers benefit from creative authoring tools, advanced analytics, and dynamic creative optimization. We are looking for an experienced engineer to develop modern high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at massive scale, 24x7.
Successful candidates will have strong technical ability, a focus on the customer experience, great teamwork and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills.
- Non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience operating and maintaining production software.
- Advanced coding skills functional and reactive programming
- Demonstrated best-practice software engineering including some aspects of agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, code reviews, continuous build and deployment processes.
- Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
- Experience in data manipulation ,big data and streaming
- Experience with Microservices and/or serverless architecture
- Experience with Cloud environments