We are looking for enthusiastic, creative, and collaborative developers who strive to make a positive change for other developers. Come join us and work on a fundamental aspect of the development system and enhance the experience of every developer who uses our platform. If you join our team, you will...
• Work with internal and external developers as your core customers.
• Iterate, test new ideas, and shape the future vision for developer tools that operate in the cloud.
• Learn and use core AWS technologies to design and then build available and scalable back-end web services and customer-facing APIs.
• Learn, master, and work with a variety of developer tools across the spectrum of the software development lifecycle.
• Work on challenging algorithms and business problems.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 1 or more years of relevant work experience as a software engineer, developer, or related occupation
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to internal or external customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us