Software Development Engineer
AWS IoT is the gateway between connected devices and the cloud, moving large quantities of data from devices into cloud services. Our rules engine is the critical component that lets users decide how to route and transform their data, using a declarative SQL-like language. We're growing by orders of magnitude while making it even more reliable and simpler to use.
Customers in a wide range of industries depend on our service, in everything from futuristic products like robots and self-driving cars to world- changing uses like healthcare and agriculture automation.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the way we live life and approach business. Our customers tell us that AWS IoT is setting the standard for IoT is done and has brought concrete benefits to them. By joining our team, you'll be participating in forging the future of technology.
As a software development engineer, you will be responsible for creating robust designs and writing clean code while also being obsessed with customer success and operational excellence. We need people that like to navigate the subtleties of programming language design and developer experience, and are excited by the challenges of distributed systems and how that impacts API design.
. Design scalable features and systems for customer message handling.
- Write design documents for features that scale
- Own the software development lifecycle, helping shape how we create and operate services
- Work in an agile/Scrum/Kanban environment to deliver high quality software at reliable intervals
- Perform code reviews for other engineers at all levels
- Analyze and optimize microservices for performance and scalability
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or related field
- 1-4 years experience building scalable and reliable services
- Firm understanding of software engineering practices such as the SOLID OO principles, design patterns, or functional programming principles
- Experience with functional programming in Scala, F#, Haskell or similar languages
- Expertise in object oriented languages such as Java, C#, or Python
- Experienced in challenges faced with distributed systems
- Excitement about the Internet of Things
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top