Providing a scalable platform to support AWS' expanding business is a complex architectural challenge, and accurate cost and usage information is a critical piece. Enterprise-level customers make large dollar-value decisions based on the timeliness, accuracy, and detail of the data provided by our products.
You will take on architectural challenges in making billions of usage records available for various customers and their use cases. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. The AWS Insights is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will both learn and grow while you contribute to our success.
• Collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our commerce operations and the businesses they support.
• Help define our secure, scalable, distributed and event-driven systems.
• Work with extraordinary teams delivering demanding projects.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
• Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of programming experience in a modern language such as Scala, Java, Python, C#
• 3+ years of experience agile development process within a continuous delivery environment
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• MS in Computer Science or related field preferred
• Passion and eye for delivering performance on both the server and client side.
• Interest in visualization libraries such as D3 and client-side technologies such as Angular, React, TypeScript, Lodash, Webpack, etc.
• Working knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce, or other Big Data processing platforms
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us