Not many teams aspire to zero. Welcome to the Worldwide Returns & ReCommerce team (WWR&R) at Amazon.com.
WW R&R is an agile, innovative organization dedicated to 'making zero happen' to benefit our customers, our company, and the environment. Our goal is to achieve the three zeroes: zero cost of returns, zero waste, and zero defects. We do this by developing groundbreaking products and driving unparalleled operational excellence to help customers keep what they buy, recover returned and damaged product value, keep thousands of tons of waste from landfills, and create the best customer returns experience in the world. We have an eye to the future we create long-term value at Amazon by focusing not just on the bottom line, but on the planet. We are building the most sustainable re-use channel we can by driving multiple aspects of the Circular Economy for Amazon - returns, recommerce, and rentals.
Amazon WW R&R is comprised of business, product, operational, program, software engineering and data teams that manage the life of a returned or damaged product from a customer to the warehouse and on to its next best use. Our work is broad and deep: we train machine learning models to automate routing and find signals to optimize re-use; we invent new channels to give products a second life; we develop world-class product support to help customers love what they buy; we pilot smarter product evaluations; we work from the customer backward to find ways to make the return experience remarkably delightful and easy; and we do it all while scrutinizing our business with laser focus.
As a member of this team, your mission will be to design, develop, document and support massively scalable, distributed real time systems. Using C++, Java, object oriented design patterns, distributed databases and other innovative storage techniques, you will build and deliver software systems that support complex and rapidly evolving business requirements.
We are looking for software engineers with 2+ years of solid Software engineering experience involving solving complex problems. They will get to work on some of the key initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth and in the process solve some of the most challenging problems. These engineers will provide the technical leadership to the team, drive best practices, mentor other engineers and drive continuous improvements in engineering excellence.
We are a group that has fun at work while driving incredible customer, business, and environmental impact. We are backed by a strong leadership group dedicated to operational excellence that empowers a reasonable work-life balance. As an established, experienced team, we offer the scope and support needed for substantial career growth.
Amazon is earth's most customer-centric company and through WW R&R, the earth is our customer too. Come join us and innovate with the Amazon Worldwide Returns & ReCommerce team!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Key Responsibilities include:-
• Ability to design for scale
• Implement solutions for broadly defined problems
• Drive best practices and engineering excellence
• Development of code in object oriented languages like C++ and Java and build large scale robust distributed systems
Candidates for this role must have:
• 4+ years experience building successful production software systems
• A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
• Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced, agile and in an ownership and results oriented culture.
Nice to have qualifications:
• Experience in building software based on SOA architecture
• Development in cloud environment.