About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. As a senior software engineer on the IGDB.com team you will architect and develop the IGDB.com website and its supporting data products, which will improve discovery for hundreds of millions of Twitch viewers, Amazon customers and hundreds of third-party projects. We are looking for passionate engineers who are excited to solve problems at scale in a friendly and productive environment. Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will help lead a team which applies fresh and creative ideas to overcome a range of infrastructure, code and data challenges.
At IGDB, which is part of Twitch, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment in the heart of Gothenburg, while applying the resources of Twitch and Amazon.
This position can also be located in Berlin, Germany; Gothenburg, Sweden; and London, UK.
• Design, build, and maintain performant, reliable web services and applications
• Establish and champion engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
• Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and documentation
• Actively contribute to code and design reviews with peers and partners
• Mentor junior peers to develop their talent and help them grow
• Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
• Partner with fellow engineering teams to accomplish complex projects together
• Readiness to try new things and work with a diverse group of people
• 6+ years of relevant work experience as a software engineer
• 3+ years of experience architecting and building applications or web services at scale
• Experience writing high-quality production code at scale
• Proficiency with Ruby on Rails, Database management at scale, concurrency, data modeling, and distributed systems fundamentals
• Sound technical judgment and a bias for action
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Experience use AWS Services
• Experience with Kotlin/Java in production systems