Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Do you want to shape the future of Amazon Devices? Come and join us! We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into an ambiguous problem space and design and deliver innovative software solutions for new Amazon devices.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for system architecture and development for new product initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 4+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development building production software systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, PHP or Python
- Experience working with networking or communications devices in an embedded environment
- Experience developing software foundations and environments for application development
- Experience investigating, designing, prototyping, and delivering new and innovative system solutions
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Comfortable taking initiative and working across teams
- Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical co-workers
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top