Software Development Engineer
- Redmond, WA
Do you enjoy building and shipping useful products using the latest AWS technologies? Are you interested in working across teams on interesting research problems and pioneering new solutions that enable Amazon to scale?
We're building data pipelines, developing algorithms, designing new APIs, and launching compensation products that enable Amazon to support flexible workforce models and guide leaders in making compensation investments. Our team is constantly inventing on behalf of customers and the ideal candidate will be customer obsessed.
Your job will be to create service engines that leverage data insights through close collaboration with economists, data engineers and business intelligence engineers and to automate key compensation processes using latest technologies. Our team has minimal on-call and 100% freedom to design new solutions that will impact a large number of people at Amazon.
This is a great opportunity for growth given the visibility of your program at the Operations Leadership Level. A successful candidate will have a passion for innovation, interest in cutting-edge technology, and excitement about working in a high-impact domain, and will demonstrate the following traits:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Has strong results orientation
• Thinks big
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with 3+ years of professional experience in software development or,
• Master's Degree in Computer Science with 2+ years of professional experience in software development.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C++ or Java
• Experience in developing backend services using AWS technologies
• Experience in rapid prototyping and other fast iteration methods for product development
• Experience developing front-end user interfaces
• Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of full software development life cycle
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, designers, and other engineers to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top