Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Systems Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with both internal teams and outside partners to drive and develop key aspects of the product. As part of a technology team, your work will have a large impact on hardware, internal software, ecosystem, and ultimately the lives of Amazon customers. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must also be able and willing to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Broad cross-functional engineering interaction with an emphasis on delighting customers with innovation in the consumer electronics space
- Drive system level decisions on power, thermal, metrics keeping user experience at highest standards
- Keeps the customer in mind when designing systems
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
- Help build robust methodology and processes to deliver technology to products.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ year software development experience in C, C++
- Experience with Linux kernel
- Experience in a scripting language such as Python
- Understand system level architectures and HW power supply routing
- Industry experience with multiple SoCs
- Experience with embedded devices, preferably IoT devices
- Experience with Android
- Experience with Power Management & Thermal Framework SW
- Familiar with Ubuntu development environment
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top