Amazon Lightsail is hiring! Have you always dreamt of building products that you would love using yourself? Are you a software development engineer that loves working in an agile, innovative, high-growth environment? Come join the Amazon Lightsail team.
Lightsail is an AWS service that redefines the AWS experience for developers. It is the easiest way to get started with AWS, enabling developers to easily get their cloud stacks up and running in seconds. Lightsail does the hard work on behalf of customers, allowing them to focus on the things that matter most to them: their code, their content, their business.
As a member of the Lightsail team, your responsibilities would include:
• Designing and developing cutting edge highly reliable and salable distributed system
• Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Working with team members to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
• Engaging and working with customers and dependencies to ensure the quality delivery
• Mentoring other engineers
• Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with the team in bringing in new technologies
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work / Life Balance
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life - both in and outside of work.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every 2.5 months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the
root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship / Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
*This position requires periodic on-call responsibilities.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Excellent, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.