Software Development Engineer
Amazon AppStream 2.0 is a fully managed, secure application streaming service that allows you to stream desktop applications from AWS to any device running a web browser, without rewriting them. Amazon AppStream 2.0 provides users instant-on access to the applications they need, and a responsive, fluid user experience on the device of their choice. See https://aws.amazon.com/appstream2/.
The Role: Amazon AppStream 2.0 team is looking for passionate, experienced software developers to join us in scaling the new service platform. We'll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: interactive streaming protocol, adaptive streaming algorithms, GPU, systems development, real-time and distributed systems.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges and build a service end-to-end, with innovative experiences that will drive customer adoption and satisfaction. Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. You will help invent new features, design, develop and deploy highly scalable and reliable distributed services. You will work with a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, C++, C#, Windows systems and driver's technologies.
This is a new AWS service and this is your chance to get in on the ground floor of a game-changing initiative. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the potential of cloud computing, and about building simple and elegant software solutions and customer-centric products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. If you're looking to solve challenging technical problems and create great products for customers, then we would like to talk to you.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years industry experience building successful production software systems
- Computer Science fundamentals
- Programming in C, C++, C#, and/or Java in Linux and/or Windows environment.
- Windows development experience
- Analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- BS or higher in computer science, math or other related disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software solutions and designs, to bring them to life.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top