Software Development Engineer
The Financial Services team's mission is to improve the speed, accuracy, transparency, and auditability of Audible's royalty calculation, payment, and reporting solutions to better serve Finance stakeholders and Content Providers and make sure our contractual obligations are met. Our focus is on implementing best practices in the ever changing landscape of Royalty Terms so that Finance operations can be scaled to support growing business and monitored in accordance with industry standards. We are embarking on a journey to re-define the platform to serve both current and future needs. With Millions of customers and 250k+ titles it's quite an ambitious endeavor!
We are looking forward individuals who thrive is a fast paced, autonomous environment and who can help design & develop the key features for the platform upgrade. Prior experience in working with Financial platforms, regulatory reporting, financial controls & reporting will be a big plus.
As an engineer on our team you'll be challenged in ways you never imagined. You will also be given opportunities to reach higher and further than you ever thought possible. The challenges will include, but not be limited to technology; you'll be expected to contribute to architecture and design, with an understanding of industry trends and new technology, and of course write great, performant code. More than that, you'll be stretched to understand what makes the business tick. How can we best serve our business and customers? At Audible, you will have as much to say about that as anyone and you will be expected to contribute on this front. Implied in this - you'll need the soft-skills too; influence and passion are key to the success of the team and the company.
- 5-10 years of professional experience as a software developer
- Java or equivalent OO language & familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
- Very comfortable with both Object Oriented and System Design
- A computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Database development, dealing with large data-sets
- Knowledge of service development with solid experience in code optimization and low-latency computing.
- Intermediate Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals and/or equivalent experience
- Strong problem solving skills: adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership..
- Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
Don't worry, we'll ramp you up but experience in any of these areas will help you hit the ground running:
- Distributed systems, Amazon Web Services.
- Automation - Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Dependency injection frameworks and associated techniques.
- Exposure to Financial Reporting is a plus.
We have a comprehensive benefits package. Here are some of the fun and meaningful perks we offer:
- Daily catered lunch, Monday breakfast and juice bar, snacks and Friday happy hours
- Free onsite gym and 25% fitness reimbursement
- Seasonal sports clubs - basketball, hockey, soccer, volleyball, softball and more
- Company sponsored events
- Transit reimbursement, paid parking and shuttle service
- Tuition assistance
- Annual Amazon discount
- Meaningful community involvement opportunities including mentoring interns, literacy tutoring and Audible Scholars, along with collaboration on start-up projects incubating in Newark Venture Partners
Audible, Inc. is the world's largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We're an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top