Software Development Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
At Amazon Games, we see gaming becoming the largest entertainment form on Earth. We are seeking the industry's best talent to help us publish and support games being developed in our Seattle studios. Join us, and you'll have the power of Amazon's tools and technology, including Twitch, AWS, and more, to shape the future of games.
Amazon Games is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic engineer to help build the next generation game distribution system. You don't want to miss this opportunity to get in at the early phases of development and put your signature on a product that will power Amazon Games into the future. No game development required! If you have been looking for a way to break into the gaming industry this is the place for you. We want smart people that like to solve interesting problems while surrounded by a highly respected team of engineers, user experience designers, and product owners. If you're an experienced engineer looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute to our desktop client and feature development across multiple platforms, we want to talk to you!
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. Our team also puts a high value on work-live balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting new members with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
• Design and implement features on the desktop client to delight customers
• Researching, designing and developing specialized software systems to protect games digital rights
• Experience developing in a large code base at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability and performance
• Analyze and continuously strive to solve and optimize problems related to a modern game distribution system
• Regularly ship updates to the desktop client
• Creating measurable success while being self-directed and prioritizing your own workload
• A Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience building commercial desktop software in C++ or similar language
• Low level client security experience
• Experience with anti-tampering and anti-cheat software development
• Experience with software distribution solutions development
• Windows process management, dynamic link libraries, memory management
• Experience with desktop software build processes and deployment schemes
• Make improvements to the deployment to customer devices, SDK upgrades, platform specific data management tools, debugger integration, crash reporting, etc.
• Programming and fundamental computer science skills
• In-depth knowledge of Windows platforms
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top