Software Development Engineer
Amazon Payments' vision is that every Amazon customer will pay with Amazon Payments every time and every place s/he transacts anywhere online. Our team is building a transaction analysis and reporting platform that can analyze millions of transactions made using Amazon Payments and reconcile them with disbursements to merchants. This platform will support the generation of a variety of canned and ad-hoc, complex reports required both internally as well as externally by regulatory bodies. The rich transactional data accumulated by this platform will drive a variety of monitoring and controls like suspicious activity detection and alerting. The systems need to scale to the exponential growth in Amazon Payments products and support products such as Selling on Amazon, Login & Pay with Amazon, Mechanical Turk, and certain AWS products. The list is still increasing. We are building systems that leverage unique storage systems such as graph database technologies.
As a software engineer in Amazon Payments Compliance team, you will have the opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test and own software systems. You will work in an agile environment in which your code reaches a large number of customers in a matter of hours. As a leader, you will have the opportunity to define the technical road map for the new team. You will guide a team of engineers to deliver the road map. A successful candidate will bring deep technical expertise and passion to solve challenging problems that benefit customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years experience building successful production software systems.
- The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Fluency in one more more modern programming languages such as Java, C# or C+
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Experience building and operating online services.
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top