Software Development Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within a collaborative peer environment. You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic team environment. As a Software Development Engineer, you will use your passion in coding to stress prototypes and suggest design improvements to deliver superior products.
You should have a combination of solid understanding of the operating system, as well as knowledge of object-oriented design principles. In this role, you will:
Work closely with senior engineers, managers, TPMs and other stakeholders to develop friendly UI experiences alongside a robust backend.
• Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design.
• Develop/maintain operational rigor for the development of new features for a multi-functional web dashboard.
• Collaborate with other SDEs and SDETs for feature development that cut across the organization.
• Engage with customers and our partners.
• Help with hiring and mentoring junior engineers
You'll be well supported by a group with deep technical chops, including multiple senior engineers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field, or equivalent software experience
• 7+ years of software code development experience -preferably in Python
• 5+ years of experience in C/C++ development
• 5+ years of experience working in Linux environment
• Experience working on embedded or Android platforms
Experience with Jenkins ,Ansible, CI/CD
• Experience with AWS Services like Amazon Athena and Amazon Quick Sight
• Experience with Audio /DSP protocols
• Familiarity with Python3 features
• Familiarity with Flask framework is a plus
• Familiarity with SSL/TLS certificates
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top