Software Development Engineer
- Tokyo, Japan
The Amazon Speech team designs and develops the core speech recognition technology used by numerous Amazon products including Amazon Echo, Amazon's mobile shopping app and various other products and services.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building intelligent embedded system solutions. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering & maintaining high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
• Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
• Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 5+ years industry experience building successful production software systems
• Programming experience in C, C++ in Linux and/or Android environment.
• Experience building embedded systems focusing on low power & low MIPS requirements.
• Experience writing code in one language like C and building packages for different CPU architecture and OS combinations.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience designing and developing embedded software solution for efficiency, very small footprint and reliability.
• Experience writing common code targeted for multiple CPU architectures like x86, Intel Atom (Bay Trail, Cherry Trail), ARM v7, ARM v8 etc.
• Experience writing common code targeted for multiple operating systems like Android, Tizen, Linux & iOS.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top