Software Development Engineer
Have you ever placed an order on Amazon.com? If the answer is yes (which we hope it is), then the chances are that your order went through our team's systems!
- Every single retail purchase placed on Amazon's retail websites uses our team's software
- Our systems process hundreds of millions of transactions per day
- Our team's work impact millions of customers all over the world
The Amazon Prime Delivery Experience team is seeking an experienced, high caliber Senior Software Development Engineer to lead a team that powers the Checkout Delivery Experience on all of Amazon's Global retail websites and subsidiaries.
In this role, you will:
- Build highly extensible software systems to meet the rapid growth of Amazon's delivery business and capabilities.
- Evolve and build services that are highly reliable and extremely low latency
- Define and lead the architectural direction of the checkout delivery experience working with multiple, different teams across the company
- Build the next generation systems for representing delivery choices to enable rapid experimentation in the area of User Experience
Basically you get to lead a team in a fast-paced environment, guiding a team of smart software engineers to architect and build the right technical solutions to meet the needs of the business. You will have direct ownership over the design and architecture of new components aimed at improving the platform's extensibility, scalability, availability, and latency. We care about both delighting customers and high quality software; we don't sacrifice one for the other. We're looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of highly-scalable, global software solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, data structures, object-oriented design and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- A deep understanding of software engineering practices, OOD, design patterns and algorithms
- Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
- Experience with big data and massively-scaled distributed computing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to work through ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving innovative technical solutions
- Experience with software development in a Linux environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top