Software Development Engineer
Amazon – World Wide Advertising - The Advertising Products group is at the center of Advertising for Amazon.com and our third party advertisers. We are innovating at the intersection of advertising and Ecommerce. We have built a platform for cutting edge advertisements that integrate video, social media and product information. We work with our clients to build new products and create impactful, effortless branding to be seen on Kindle, mobile and display. You would be working with alongside some of the smartest Engineers at Amazon on our largest Big-Data platform.
The Advertising Platform team builds the core technology powering one of Amazon's fastest growing strategic businesses. From the center of our technology platform, you have the ability to work on some of our largest-scale and most technically complex problems and your contributions will be magnified across a variety of use cases.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
Leveling ranges from New Graduates with 6+ months of industry experience to Principal-level Engineers
- MySQL or similar database experience
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
Experience in software development and full product life-cycles
- Coding skills in Java and/or C++ coupled with strong base in object-oriented design and development
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top