Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you take pride in building software that performs at scale, solves a tangible customer need, and has a measurable impact to the bottom line? We are looking for an enthusiastic software development engineer who is passionate about solving problems, seeks to understand the customer's needs, and focuses on outcomes rather than accolades.
The right candidate will thrive in a cooperative team environment, enjoy working through complex and ambiguous problems, and will collaborate with our partner teams to our tech platforms, frameworks, and processes. Good communication and interpersonal because we are a multi-disciplinary team. Our developers work closely and productively with designers, program managers, and business stakeholders.
In this role you will:
• Own technical design and feature development for services that present products, banners, events, and other customer facing experiences on the retail website.
• Work with engineering teams in Austin and Seattle to deliver integrated, scalable, highly performant systems.
• Communicate with engineers, product managers, and designers on our team and other teams as needed to complete project assignments.
• Describe software features and limitations, committed to finding the best path forward for new features and integrations, troubleshoot and resolve bugs on existing systems, and design and implement new systems in a continuous improvement model.
• Be obsessed with addressing customer needs.
• Work hard, have fun, make history!
- Experience in data structures, algorithms and problem solving
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- - and coding skills in at least one of , C# or C++
- Bachelor's Degree in , related field or equivalent professional or military experience
• • Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective, productive software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• • A proven track record of software delivery through all phases of development
• • Experience with - and systems architecture
• Hands-on experience with and development of highly scalable web services and systems
• Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, clean technical solutions
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, let us know.
Applying for a customer service or fulfillment center job and need an accommodation? Contact us through the Amazon Delivers Contact Us webpage.
Applying for a job outside of customer service, delivery or fulfillment and need an accommodation? Call us at 866-437-9078. Please provide your full name, the best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top