Software Development Engineer
We are a motley group of engineers and scientists within AWS and we are here to create history by taking Artificial Intelligence to the next level solutions for our customers. We dream of a world where using customers can scale up their business by using Artificial Intelligence by simple button clicks, rather than writing thousands of lines of code for months. We pride our startup culture and we like our nerf guns in office.
We are putting together a brand new team focused on Natural Language Processing to build and launch a new AWS service based on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. We are looking for rockstar engineers to join us in the fun and breaking the ground on a very tough set of problems. You will get a chance to work with some of the smartest people in the field, and there are countless opportunities to learn more about AI, limited only by your appetite. You will be working shoulder to shoulder with applied scientists. We will together be building super large scale distributed speech and text based AI NLP solutions, and you will get a chance to be one of founding members of the team.
A successful engineer on the team will have strong ownership, bias for action, good communication, ability to dive deep into unseen codebases with ease, experience building independent designs for distributed solutions at scale and operating them in production.
Your responsibility will include:
- Partnering with ML scientists to build and productionize the ML speech models.
- Break down complex design problems into simple independent pieces, and review your designs with senior engineers.
- Be very hands-on; work with others on the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Delivery quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of distributed systems experience
- 1+ years of Machine Learning expereience
- Masters in Computer Science
- Experience with deep learning systems will be a big plus.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top