Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you have a passion for making developers more productive? Do you like building systems that process hundreds of billions of requests in a day in scalable, consistent way all while delighting customers? Then join the AmazonAPI team!
The mission of AmazonAPI is to accelerate the Amazon.com shopping experience by making core shopping data accessible to teams building new shopping experiences through a single consistent REST endpoint. We own libraries that abstract away the low-level HTTP semantics, a caching layer to lower latency for our end customers and reduce pressure on our downstream services and a platform that retrieves data from 200+ integrated backend services, transforms it based on business rules and returns the aggregated data to 2000+ client teams. We integrate with authoritative backend services to ensure all customers see the same data, regardless of how they shop. We work with data owners across Amazon to standardize shopping data where necessary, allowing developers to easily build new shopping experiences without worrying about gathering data from multiple sources.
As an engineer on the Partner Accelerator team within AmazonAPI, you will be be a key technical advocate for backend partner teams as they integrate and use our platform to vend their data and you will contribute to the design and development of the end-to-end developer experience. You will work with senior leaders across Amazon, finding solutions to multi-dimensional problems and driving a consistent tooling experience across the different parts of the AmazonAPI product suite. We are a small, focused team with an abundance of growth and impact opportunities.
In this role you will also:
• Be a key contributor to our team strategy and roadmap, focused specifically on self-serve customer success.
• Be responsible for developing a deep understanding of the needs and challenges facing the diverse set of data owners who build on the Amazon.com website today.
• Work cross-functionally with our product teams, many other engineering teams, and partner developers to design and implement solutions that delight our customers
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Understanding of service oriented architecture, distributed systems, workflow management.
• Passion for customer/user experience.
• Highly motivated self-starter, you thrive with minimal oversight
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top