The AWS Commerce Platform enables customers to purchase AWS products and services, generating billions of dollars in revenue. Our teams provide customers with a world class customer experience around managing, paying and reporting on invoices and payments. You will have the opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of customers globally, creating products used by thousands of companies worldwide, and contributing to the continued success and expansion of Amazon Retail, Digital, Business and, of course, AWS.
As an engineer within Commerce Platform, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers. You will interface with many teams across AWS including our Financial, Accounting, Legal, Sales, and Customer Service groups. You will also be integrating directly with customers systems.
You will be responsible for driving the team's technical direction, strategizing and shaping our long-term vision and architecture. You will own major deliverables end-to-end, drive roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team. If you're excited about cloud computing and machine learning, designing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by the toughest computer science problems, then join us to build the next generation systems.
We are building high scale payment processing systems and financial reconciliation integration's that will seamlessly meet B2B needs for AWS customers around the world. In order to meet the needs of AWS' businesses, these next generation services have self-service features, be configuration and deliver operational excellence. Additionally, AWS services need to be highly scalable, secure, and have near real time responses.
As a Software Development Engineer you will:
• Own design, development, test, deployment and operation of services that our customers depend on.
• Contribute directly to our growth by hiring smart and motivated engineers that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need.
• Be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time.
• Work closely with other teams across AWS and Amazon to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
• Obsess over protecting customer information, maintaining single-digit millisecond latencies, and simplifying enterprise scale commerce complexity.
• Mentor intern or less experienced SDEs on the team.
• Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
• Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within AWS on a weekly basis.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 4+ years of software development experience
• 4+ years of Java, C/C++, or C#
• 5+ years experience with problem solving ability and object-oriented design skills
• In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Experience building high volume and highly scalable web services
• Experience building highly available systems and services that operate 24x7
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
• Working knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce, or other Big Data processing platforms
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.