Software Development Engineer
We are looking for a software development engineer to be at the forefront of cutting edge technology that feels equally comfortable in both server and embedded environments, enjoys deep understanding of computer architecture, operating systems (Linux especially), drivers and programming sophisticated embedded devices. You'll collaborate with a range of AWS teams to develop and deploy comprehensive AWS solutions incorporating these technologies. As a member of the AWS Engineering Team you'll be responsible for the software of customer-focused solutions and technologies in our data centers. You'll develop software in the application of new technologies to large scale server, network, and storage deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use advanced technologies
- Create innovative products, and see them launched in high volume production
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams and other leading technology companies around the world
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years professional experience in software development
- Deep understanding of computer architecture
- Deep understanding of Linux internals. Experience in Linux kernel
- Very good understanding of HW devices – practical experience working with embedded systems
- Very good understanding with hands-on experience of network protocols
- Experience in Web Services development
- Proficiency in modern programming languages
- Team player, good communication skills
- Experience with designing and building a runtime stack for embedded devices.
- Experience with debugging embedded devices in a large deployed environment.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top