Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in building the next generation Supply Chain Management (SCM) systems that power the AWS cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way we track the gear that forms the foundation of AWS? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers who use AWS every day?
The SCM Offers team is responsible for increasing the efficiency (e.g. reducing delays in PO creation, automated approvals of offers etc.) and eliminating errors in the quotation management process for AWS Infrastructure. The software ecosystem include systems that initiate the RFQ process, ingest offers from suppliers, validate them and be the authoritative source of cost information for items and parts.
We are looking for experienced engineers who are excited about building industry leading, next generation SCM systems for the AWS cloud on the AWS cloud. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid software components to mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape the cloud WMS and SCM technology, product and business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale and solving challenging problems, come join us!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 5+ year's overall development experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent - Masters in CS preferred.
• Development skills in Java or C/C++, preferably on a Linux/Unix platform.
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, state machines and distributed systems.
• Supply Chain Management domain experience.
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
• Strong mentoring and technical leadership skills.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top