Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud-based voice service that powers Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show and a growing number of third party devices designed around your voice. Alexa is always ready just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more.
Our vision is to build a computer in the cloud that is completely controlled by your voice. As a member of this development team you will be responsible for leading the design, implementation and launch of many key product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Experience in object oriented designing and object oriented languages such as Java, .NET, Objective C, C++, Python, Ruby
• Experience with both back-end and front-end development (full stack engineering)
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top