Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Would you like to help us build the next-generation cloud services that will power the largest managed infrastructure in the world.
We're hiring Software Engineers for a service team within Amazon AWS EC2 to build customer-centric web interfaces for our customers. Our service pushes the boundaries of scale, availability, and performance, while maintaining the highest standards for security and operational excellence.
This role will allow you to refine and develop your skills by working on challenging problems with other exceptional engineers and teams. The ideal candidate is obsessive about creating the perfect user experience and has a mindset of continuous improvement.
As part of the team, you will help use develop the experiences for next-generation services within our core Amazon EC2 products. You will work closely with pre-market Amazon technologies and get deep inside of the internal of Amazon EC2.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• At least a four year degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
• 3+ years of professional software development experience.
• UI Test Automation frameworks, MVC frameworks, Struts or Spring desired.Working knowledge of relational databases and backend programming.
• Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
• Strong customer focus.
• Analysis and design of new features and interfaces for the web.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, Python or Ruby.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals.
• Expertise in delivering high quality, innovative applications.
• Good knowledge of AWS Services and IAAS/SAAS concepts. Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity. Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem and mitigate UI risks early in the process to avoid feature delays. Can decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
• Experience with developing front-end software, in one or more front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Thyme Leaf etc.)
• Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
• Experience with a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns.
• Experience with development and build tools Node.js, npm, grunt, gulp, webpack, bower etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top