Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Would you like to help us build the next-generation cloud services that will power the largest managed infrastructure in the world.
We're hiring Software Engineers for a service team within Amazon AWS EC2 to build customer-centric web interfaces for our customers. Our service pushes the boundaries of scale, availability, and performance, while maintaining the highest standards for security and operational excellence.
This role will allow you to refine and develop your skills by working on challenging problems with other exceptional engineers and teams. The ideal candidate is obsessive about creating the perfect user experience and has a mindset of continuous improvement.
As part of the team, you will help use develop the experiences for next-generation services within our core Amazon EC2 products. You will work closely with pre-market Amazon technologies and get deep inside of the internal of Amazon EC2.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• At least a four year degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
• 3+ years of professional software development experience.
• Experience with developing front-end software, in one or more front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Thyme Leaf etc.)
• Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
• Experience with a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns.
• Experience with development and build tools Node.js, npm, grunt, gulp, webpack, bower etc.
• UI Test Automation frameworks, MVC frameworks, Struts or Spring desired.Working knowledge of relational databases and backend programming.
• Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
• Strong customer focus.
• Analysis and design of new features and interfaces for the web.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, Python or Ruby.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals.
• Expertise in delivering high quality, innovative applications.
• Good knowledge of AWS Services and IAAS/SAAS concepts. Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity. Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem and mitigate UI risks early in the process to avoid feature delays. Can decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
Back to top